Welcome to Microbiology & Quality Associates
Microbiology & Quality Associates, Inc., located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a service organization providing a variety of services to life sciences companies. Our services include: contract biotech development services, testing services, consulting, validation services, calibration services, training, and scientific resources. MQA is FDA registered. Our Quality System comply with GXP regulations and ISO 17025/9001.
We provide services to a wide variety of companies in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical devices, nutritional products, dialysis centers, semiconductors, and other industries.
MQA staff has many years of hands-on experience at pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies. Our philosophy is to do things right the 1st time, best science and best quality.
MQA has the right equation for you:
Top Quality, Solid Experience, Timeliness, Flexibility & Outstanding Customer Service.
MQA offers the following valuable services:
• Environmental Monitoring
• Microbiology Testing
• Cleaning Validation Support
• Biotech Small Scale Process Development
• Validation Support
• Training Center
Medical Device Companies
• Biological indicator sterility test (Steam, Radiation, Dry heat & ETO)
• Bioburden studies (AAMI and USP)
• Clean room sampling and validation (viable and
non-viable particulate air samplng, surface sampling,
personnel monitoring, clean room certification)
• Endotoxin testing by LAL method (Gel-Clot, Kinetic Turbidimetric and Kinetic Chromogenic)
• Gamma and E-Beam irradiation validation (AAMI)
• Package Integrity Testing
• Water Chemical Testing Nutritional Supplements
• Method development Microbial limit test and Pathogen screening (USP)
•Chemical sterilization D & Z value studies
• Aerobic plate count (APC)
• Fungi (yeast, and mold) plate count
• Anaerobic plate count (use only for talc's and powders)
• Screening test for total numbers of microorganisms present in used and unused cosmetics.
• Preservative efficacy test
• Pathogen screening
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
• Environmental monitoring
• Cleaning validation Support
• Package Integrity Testing
• Product testing
•Disinfectant studies (EPA certification, AOAC
and custom studies)
• Water Chemical Testing (TOC, conductivity, heavy
metals, nitrates, silica, chlorine, hardness)
•Cytotoxicity assays, cell proliferation assays,
cell based bioassays, ELISA assays
•Cell banking, cell culture services for mamalian
and bacterial cells
•Minimum inhibitory concetration (MIC)
•Minimum bactericidal conentration (MBC)
Virology services - disinfectant studies
Adventitious virus screening of cell banks, serum and cell harvest material,
• Method development, Microbial limit test and
Pathogen screening (USP)
Antibacterial finishes on textile materials per AATCC method 100-2004
Antimicrobial Coatings & Paints
Microbial resistance testing per ASTM D 24-06
UV Light studies
MQA Training Center next QC Microbiology hands-on training course is scheduled for:
March 4-8, 2013. Call MQA to reserve a seat.
Workshop training course on Shelf Life Stability Studies of Drug Substance and Drug Products. Course will be at the MQA Training Center located in Concord, California on December 13-14, 2012. Contact us for more information.
Nov 14, 2012 - MQA received ISO 17025 accreditation by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). The scope of testing includes microbiology, virology, cell biology and molecular biology.
April 2012 MQA now offers Virology testing services.
MQA moved to Concord, California, our new contact information is:
2341 Stanwell Dr., Concord, CA 94520
Phone: (925) 270-3800
MQA opens PR office MQA Laboratories Caribe, LLC. in June 2011.
March 2011, MQA provided hands-on aseptic processing training for over 200 employees in Puerto Rico with partner BioPharma Training services. Classes were in English & Spanish. if interested contact MQA.
MQA passed FDA inspection in June with no observations (no 483's).